Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another quick random recap of the past few days!

First. Random sing-alongs in the kitchen. Each floor in my building has a communal shower for each sex, kitchen, and lounge. The kitchen is basically the place to beeee. Everyone seems to play the guitar so there's always at least one person just strumming around. Anyway, this inevitably leads to everyone else grabbing their guitars and the vocally talented singing along. I have never heard Tears of Heaven or Wonderwall played so many times in succession hahaha. Tis good fun when you're eating dinner and there are people serenading you :). The greatest sing-along though was when I was on my way to the bathroom last Sunday. Austin + Justin + cheap wine = best rendition of Mulan's I'll Make a Man Out of You EVAR. Oh my god they had CHOREOGRAPHY, it was epic. I love it when people have such enthusiasm for Disney! Yay celebration of our childhood!...and maybe pre-teens!

Second. The Record. I'm standing in the kitchen minding my own business, making myself a sandwich when Maya bursts in and says, "Guys, guys! Austin's onto number 8! He just finished 7, oh man he looked exhausted though! Beej, he's gunning break your record..." "What record?" I ask. Could she be talking about a video game level? No, that can't be right, why would everyone be that impressed and laughing so hard? It must be something ridiculously hard or just plain ridiculous. An outraged shout from Beej clarifies the confusion: "What, seriously?! I can't believe he attempted the record today of all days. May the force be with him. and his penis."

Yes, the record is about the greatest number of times you've masturbated in one day. At my "What? For real?!?," every guy then offered his number, and some even provided the setting & times with fond expressions on their faces. I thought our group at Cornell was open about sex. So wrong! There wasn't anything pervy or shameful about the ensuing conversation. Both girls and boys spoke candidly (and sometimes quite proudly) about their experiences/records. It was a hilarious...3 hours haha interspersed with encouraging catcalls to Austin through his door. If anyone is interested, Austin surpassed the Crazy 8's and joined the elite Terrible (or Tendinitis) 10's.

Third. Spring break planning. A-U-C-K-L-A-N-D, New Zealand. Seven days. Countless adventures!!!

Fourth. Cube Cafe. I've had to explore different cafes to find a suitable place to read and study as a replacement for the library. Libraries here close around 6 or 10 pm at the very latest, and studying at UniLodge is kind of hard since there's always something loud and fun happening on my floor. Like a water fight. or shaving cream fight. or or or fun conversations. Anyway, I got all of these coupons to use before they expire and consequently am dragging my friends along by enticing them with a free house dessert. Yummy food and "board game" themed. I'm thinking one needs to open up in C-Town just for us to have board game night.

Fifth. Went to Bimbo's. Alright pub/bar overall, but best part was the courtyard on the rooftop-ish area with dangling lights/heat lamps. Kind of romantic, nice alternative to the techno-y downstairs. Also, Hoon found a pair of inflatable boobs on the way back. Win.

Sixth. Movie nights! When I am too lazy to go out...a lot! Watched the Wrestler, did not think that the acting was so Oscar-worthy, but then again I was hiding my eyes most of the time to avoid the squick. Um, was maybe a little bit tipsy too. OH, WAIT, Hot Fuzz was hilarious, especially b/c of the drinking game. Drink when you hear his name! Drink when there's gunfire (constant chugging)! I love that there were 6 tipsy people squished next to each other on my bed :). ETA: Maid of Honor was cheesy cheese. but HAHAHA HEE, i love boys and their dude love. Bros before hos all the way! "WE WILL MAKE YOU THE BEST MAID OF HONOR, EVAR." If I ever have the position of "MOH," I will ask boys to make the gift baskets or whatever, just to try to reenact the scene of guys trying to figure out which scented candles should go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment