Wednesday, March 4, 2009

geek-out

UHMMM so I'm going to be massively dorky right now, surprise surprise.

I just came back from my Managerial Decision Analysis class and I'm really looking forward to learning from this professor. He's really enthusiastic about the course subject and, from what I've seen, seems to have a unique perspective on the subject. I wish I were more like him--Sunny (aha his name, so cute) is obviously one of those people with an insatiable academic appetite who just loves learning for the sake of having that knowledge. He is obviously mad smart considering he has 3 PhDs, but is amazingly cute/dorky/charming. He tried to liken learning martial arts to this class by giving us a demonstration of kung fu and karate and something else I can't remember; he kept saying he was too old to do really high kicks but he looks like he's only in his late 20's! It must be the Asian aging genes or something because according to his various anecdotes, he's at least 30 years old... yay looking like a 12-year old FOREVER. The only downside to this class is that it's very lecture based and you can't rely on slides--my hand's going to be cramped like woah. He also has a very strong accent, which he acknowledged very elegantly, but I think I'll get used to it in a few weeks. I feel that this course is going to be very useful in sharpening my analytical and spreadsheet/probability skills. hooray for practical, applicable lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment